This is the first year I am writing an annual review. The question I want to ask myself, is "are my choices helping me to live the life I want.1.What went well this year?
TravelWe went on an adventure with our two kids to Costa Rica. I worked remotely and it was an experience! We got to go to AZ for Thanksgiving as well as take a few trips down to Zions.
I was able to bless our two daughters and become active in my calling going on lots of camp outs with of our ward. I stopped using adderall (which has been a crutch for me) and have been working on creating habits in all areas of life that will help us live the life we want. I have been more consistent with personal scripture study as well as personal prayers.
I have played on several soccer teams (Indoor) this year which has been a lot of fun. We have been fairly consistent at doing the Insanity workouts and starting back up again even after we have taken breaks due to illness and holidays.
I am working quite hard to create habits that will last whether or not I feel like doing something. I am doing a lot of listening to uplifting audiobooks which has been good, and I feel like I'm well on my way to creating some lasting habits that will increase the quality of our life.
I feel over the year end holidays we have connected with siblings and my parents which has been great. I know a large part of the wonderful holidays was due to the fact that I wasn't using adderall, and was more able to be myself.
Overall there has been more routine and stability this year, which considering the age of our kids and my somewhat bi-polar history, I think it is a good thing.
2. What didn't go well this year?
FinancesWork stayed pretty much the same, and I am making a little more money then last year. We haven't taken control of our finances and are very undisciplined with our money. We are still on about $100 of food stamps every month, but that is down from about $3-400 which is a great thing. I am spending most of every day at work which isn't ideal.
- Purpose. I
really want to drill down deep and figure out/discover my purposes for
being here. I want to connect my deepest, truest purposes with every
area of my life. I want to live my life with purpose which means
having an understanding of why I do everything I do and how that relates
to my purpose here on earth.
- Vision. I think this will be easier to develop after I am more aware of my purpose and mission. I want to wake up excited each day for an awesome future.
- Habits. I want to focus more on doing small habits then large end goals. I want to focus on the process of creating habits, knowing that these habits will lead to those large end goals.
- Creativity. I want to start playing my guitar and learning some new songs. I also want to start doing some photography and possibly creating some art in Photoshop. Mashing up music would be a lot of fun as well.
- Finances. I don't know if this is the year of the business or not. I do know that I want to have control over our finances and to be disciplined so we are proactive with our money. I feel like we might need to build a solid foundation/ have our own house in order before we undertake building a business.
The Bottom Line
This year could have been better, but it is probably overall the best year I have had in terms of stability since I was young. I am cautiously optimistic about 2014, and I hope that I can really develop a strong foundation in all areas of my life. Instead of big dreams, this is the year of developing strong habits and acting instead of being acted upon.
-Ammon Hardin 1/1/2014